(Fwd) Re: [rak-list] Frage zu AACR

Bernhard Eversberg ev at BUCH.BIBLIO.ETC.TU-BS.DE
Wed Apr 17 09:15:09 CEST 2002

On 16 Apr 02, at 15:45, Barbara B Tillett wrote:

> I would like to suggest that instead of sending a random query to
> AUTOCAT and getting responses from unofficial sources that may or may
> not be correct, that you prepare questions to formally ask the Joint
> Steering Committee for Revision of AACR2.  It may even be useful to have
> such questions coming from Germany be coordinated in some way through
> some official channel.

Apologies.
We are still only in the learning stage. The assumption here was that we had
missed some important point and that the answer would be very easy. To formally
approach the JSC for this would have seemed preposterous. For such questions,
AUTOCAT has proved to be the medium of choice.
You are absolutely right as soon as we were to enter application stage and
encountered questions in need of authoritative guidance and official settling.

B.E.

Bernhard Eversberg
Universitaetsbibliothek, Postf. 3329,
D-38023 Braunschweig, Germany
Tel.  +49 531 391-5026 , -5011 , FAX  -5836
e-mail  B.Eversberg at tu-bs.de