[Dini-ag-kim-bestandsdaten] scope of holdings information

Klee, Carsten Carsten.Klee at sbb.spk-berlin.de
Tue Apr 16 13:21:12 CEST 2013

Dear list!

Julia Hauser told me about a question raised in the Titeldaten-Group about our perspective towards the scope of holdings and if we're only going to concentrate on library data.

As for me our approach should not exclude other data than library holdings data. If we are going to stick to a model similar to DAIA, we'll be on a good side, I think. In my opinion like DAIA "consists of abstract documents, concrete holdings of documents, and document services [...]" a Holdings Ontology should too.

I'm interested in your opinion about this.

Cheers,

Carsten

Carsten Klee
Abt. Überregionale Bibliographische Dienste IIE
Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer Kulturbesitz
Potsdamer Straße 33
10785 Berlin

Fon:  +49 30 266-43 44 02
Fax:   +49 30 266-33 40 01