[Dini-ag-kim-bestandsdaten] AW: scope of holdings information

Rauchegger Evelyn E.Rauchegger at zbw.eu
Tue Apr 16 14:05:03 CEST 2013

Dear Carsten, dear list,

I generally agree that our approach to the holdings ontology should be open and flexible in order
to integrate other data as well i.e. non-library data.
However, I would like to know which other data this could be in more detail. Depending on
the group members' domain knowledge
we might not be able to fulfill that wish because of a lack of insight into other
relevant data and concepts. Museum or archive holdings for example might be a completely
different thing. I cannot tell.
I suppose success
in this respect depends on whether there are group members with access to other data. Admittedly
I don't know much about DAIA yet.

Best regards,
Evelyn
--------
Evelyn Rauchegger
Metadatenmanagement

ZBW - Deutsche Zentralbibliothek für Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Leibniz-Informationszentrum Wirtschaft
Neuer Jungfernstieg 12
D-24105 Hamburg
T: +49 [0]40. 42834 -233