[Tp-legal] Text+ deliverable on the DSM Directive

Paweł Kamocki kamocki at ids-mannheim.de
Mi Mai 10 15:28:40 CEST 2023

Dear Gianna,

Thank you for your answer.

This is what I thought as well, after having a glance at the UrhG. But
still, prima facie it has an impact on Text+ and I will include this in the
assessment (which, BTW, is simply about the impact of the DSM Directive on
Text+ Collections, that's all when it comes to the scope). We still have to
show that we have taken this into account, even if in fact the measure has
little or no impact on Text+.

Is there anything else in the DSM Directive you can think of? Maybe we
should still include Article 17 of the Directive, even though
not-for-profit scientific repositories like the one provided by Text+ are
expressly included from its scope (Art. 2(6))...?

Kind regards,
Paweł