[Tp-legal] Text+ deliverable on the DSM Directive

Iacino, Gianna G.Iacino at dnb.de
Mi Mai 10 15:17:04 CEST 2023

Dear Pawel, dear Peter,

I am not fully informed about the scope of the deliverable yet. Therefore, I do not want to discourage you from including „out-of-commerce works“ in the paper.

However, I do not share your enthusiasm about „out-of-commerce works“. § 61d only applies in cases in which no representative collecting society excists as stated in § 61d para 1 s. 1. Here, VG Wort is a representative collecting society. A prerequisite for the use of „out-of-commerce works“ is the acquisition of an extended collective license for „out-of-commerce works“.

I will ask my colleagues about DNBs practice regarding the acquisition and the scope of such licenses.

Best wishes,
Gianna

--
Gianna Iacino