[rak-list] Fwd: Re: [RDA-L] RDA Latest

Armin Stephan armin.stephan at augustana.de
Die Mai 17 11:31:44 CEST 2011

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	Re: [RDA-L] RDA Latest
Datum: 	Fri, 13 May 2011 11:29:03 -0700
Von: 	J. McRee Elrod <mac at SLC.BC.CA>
Antwort an: 	Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and
Access <RDA-L at LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA>
An: 	RDA-L at LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA

Jeff Peckosh asked;

>Sorry I haven't been following the latest about RDA. Is it approved and acc=
>epted by LOC? Are we all going to implement it?

You will be flooded with answers.

The announcement of if and when is to be made by the US national
libraries at ALA in late June.

My guess is that the British, Canadian, and Australian national
libraries will accept that decision.

Some smaller libraries have announced that they will continue with
AACR2.  At least one major library (University of Chicago) continued
RDA after the test period.

Whether SLC adopts RDA for original records will depend on what our
clients ask for.  We would of course have to cope with imported RDA
records.  We will offer an AACR2 compatible export of RDA records
(with abbreviations, and a compound GMD based on 336-338) for clients
who do not wish or can can not afford to upgrade their OPACs.

    __       __   J. McRee (Mac) Elrod (mac at slc.bc.ca)