[Metafacture] Metafacture "Get Together" - swib 2015?

Christoph, Pascal christoph at hbz-nrw.de
Thu Oct 15 15:50:33 CEST 2015

Günter, all,

Günter Hipler wrote on 02.10.2015 08:38 :

> Dear Metafactures,
>
> As part of our linked.swissbib.ch project:
> - We are now using Metamorph since the beginning of this year for
> transformations of traditional library content into RDF Format. [1]
> - We are trying to build workflows based on Metafacture where content is
> transformed, enriched and serialized for access e.g via REST in
> Elasticserach
> - For enrichment against VIAF and DBPedia at the moment we are using
> Limes [2] based on Virtuoso Sparql instances
>
> Most of the work is similar to projects running at DNB, HBZ and SLUB
> (D:swarm) - which is still an important source of inspiration for us.
>
> During the last weeks quite a lot of pull requests were being done on
> GitHub [3]. So people are busy with similar things we are doing but at
> least from my perspective there is no communication and collaboration
> between us. I always asked myself why we couldn't do better?
>
> For the upcoming swib conference there is no workshop on the topic of
> Metafacture as it was done in the last years. So my request and question:
>
> Could we come together in Hamburg (I guess beside the official schedule)
> during the SWIB conference? Topics could be:

We could meet at the "DAY 1 2015-11-23 PRECONFERENCE" somewhere between 9:00 am
and 12:00 am.[1]
We would have a room and WIFI.

I would not advice to meet during the conference's day 2 and 3, as I would not
like to miss speeches. Though it's possible, of course.

> - How are we using Metafacture?
> - What are the enhancements we have done and why?
> - What is not possible with Metafacture/Metamorph and why and what
> could/should be done? We ourself have still quite some "black holes"
> and we would be happy to discuss them with others.

I think these are interesting points and would like to discuss them!

> If Hamburg is not possible - or maybe a first step- , could we organize
> an exchange in some other/additional way?
>
> Thanks for any kind of feedback!
>
> Günter

pascal

[1]http://swib.org/swib15/programme.html