[Metafacture] Metafacture "Get Together" - swib 2015?

Günter Hipler guenter.hipler at unibas.ch
Fri Oct 2 08:38:22 CEST 2015

Dear Metafactures,

As part of our linked.swissbib.ch project:
- We are now using Metamorph since the beginning of this year for
transformations of traditional library content into RDF Format. [1]
- We are trying to build workflows based on Metafacture where content is
transformed, enriched and serialized for access e.g via REST in
Elasticserach
- For enrichment against VIAF and DBPedia at the moment we are using
Limes [2] based on Virtuoso Sparql instances

Most of the work is similar to projects running at DNB, HBZ and SLUB
(D:swarm) - which is still an important source of inspiration for us.

During the last weeks quite a lot of pull requests were being done on
GitHub [3]. So people are busy with similar things we are doing but at
least from my perspective there is no communication and collaboration
between us. I always asked myself why we couldn't do better?

For the upcoming swib conference there is no workshop on the topic of
Metafacture as it was done in the last years. So my request and question:

Could we come together in Hamburg (I guess beside the official schedule)
during the SWIB conference? Topics could be:
- How are we using Metafacture?
- What are the enhancements we have done and why?
- What is not possible with Metafacture/Metamorph and why and what
could/should be done? We ourself have still quite some "black holes"
and we would be happy to discuss them with others.

If Hamburg is not possible - or maybe a first step- , could we organize
an exchange in some other/additional way?

Thanks for any kind of feedback!

Günter

[1]
https://github.com/linked-swissbib/mfWorkflows/tree/master/src/main/resources/transformation