Antw: [Dini-ag-kim-bestandsdaten] Discussion at GitHub and movingwall

Jörg Prante prante at hbz-nrw.de
Mon Jul 22 16:31:12 CEST 2013

Hi Carsten,

only a quick reply. There is the W3C Time Ontology

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-time/

so that assertions like

mwo:time "-P2Y"^^^xsd:duration

can better be expressed as time intervals of the W3C Time Ontology with
semantics, such as

@prefix time: <http://www.w3.org/2006/time#> .

:movingWallTheLast2Years a owl:Class;
       rdf:subClassOf time:Interval;
       owl:subClassOf [
           a owl:Restriction;
           owl:cardinality 1;
           owl:hasValue "-P2Y"^^xsd:yearMonthDuration
           owl:onProperty time:durationDescriptionDataType
       ]
] .

Take care of xsd:duration, it is problematic to use it in RDF, see the
note at http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-xsch-datatypes/ (4. Duration)

Also it would be nice to align moving walls (and other durations) with
CIDOC-CRM, and Dublin Core dcterms sizeOrDuration.

There is a class http://www.cidoc-crm.org/rdfs/cidoc-crm#E52_Time-Span
which can also serve as a class of life time spans for remote-accessed
items, i.e. restrictions in contracts with publishers that suppress
online library services for a certain time span.

Best,

Jörg

>>> "Klee, Carsten" <Carsten.Klee at sbb.spk-berlin.de> schrieb am
22.07.2013 um 15.19
Uhr in Nachricht
<F92C45C191C9FB4281F352EB52DFA7AD08585253 at PMXMDB02.pk.de>:
> Dear list members!
>
> I just want to remind you that we moved the main development of the
holdings
> ontology to GitHub [1]. There is a current discussion about the
relation
> between items and location [2]. We strongly need your input!
>
> It appears that if one makes a comment to an issue, she did not get a

> notification by mail, but only on comments by others. I haven't found
a way
> yet to automatically forward all comments on issues to the list. So
the
> discussion on GitHub is somehow isolated from the list. Sorry for
that!

> Second, I created a draft for a new micro-ontology "Moving Wall
Ontology