[Dini-ag-kim-bestandsdaten] Definition and scope of Holding

Philipp Zumstein philipp.zumstein at bib.uni-mannheim.de
Fri Apr 26 10:47:36 CEST 2013

Hi Jakob, Carsten et al.,

I should definetely look closer at DSO, SSSO and your other
micro-ontologies. Your blog entry [1] was a good starting point. They
seem to cover a lot of aspects from the "service portfolio" and "current
status". Thus, we concentrate on the remaining parts, the general aspects?

I tried to look at Carsten's example and found some flaw (or maybe I
didn't understand it correctly. Please help me to see if there is a
mistake in the argumentation:

(just give the blank node a name):
:Holding dso:hasService :NormalLoan .
:NormalLoan a dso:Loan .

(by the subclass relation of dso:Loan it follows)
:NormalLoan a dso:DocumentService .

(by the subclass relation of dso:DocumentService it follows)
:NormalLoan a ssso:ServiceEvent .

(http://gbv.github.io/ssso/ssso.html#overview):
"each ServiceEvent [...] is a not a general offer but a particular
activity in time. The activity typically takes place provided by at
least one particular ServiceProvider (e.g. a [...] library) and consumed
by at least one ServiceConsumer (e.g. a [...] patron)."

But I want to express the *general offer*, that the :Holding has the
service :NormalLoan, and not that it is at some time on loan to a
patron. How?

Best regards,
Philipp

[1] http://jakoblog.de/2013/04/11/on-the-way-to-a-library-ontology/

Am 26.04.2013 09:52, schrieb Klee, Carsten:
> Hi Jakob, Philipp and everybody!
>
> I just want to get sure that I'm not going in the wrong direction again. What I understand what Jakob said about the usage of the Document Service Ontology can be expressed in an example:
>

 > (Now I want to express the ssso status (executed / lent). But I don't
know how...)

I guess for example:

> :Holding dso:hasService [
>      a dso:Loan ;