[rak-list] Fwd: [RDA-L] JSC web site not available

Heidrun Wiesenmüller wiesenmueller at hdm-stuttgart.de
Die Jun 26 08:36:31 CEST 2012

Liebe Kolleginnen, liebe Kollegen,

in der RDA List wurden mittlerweile nähere Informationen zum Ausfall der
JSC-Website gegeben, die ich an Sie weiterleite.

Viele Grüße
Heidrun Wiesenmüller

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	[RDA-L] JSC web site not available
Datum: 	Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:56:01 -0400
Von: 	JSC Secretary <jscsecretary at RDATOOLKIT.ORG>
Antwort an: 	Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and
Access <RDA-L at LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA>
An: 	RDA-L at LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA

The website of the Joint Steering Committee for Development of RDA (JSC)
has not been available since mid-June.  Below is a portion of a message
from the information technology people at the American Library
Association; I'm including it in this message with the permission of
staff at ALA Publishing.  When the JSC website is available, I'll send
another announcement to this list.

"On Sunday June 17^st during a hardware upgrade, our web site host
provider dreamhost experienced a massive hardware failure on the server
hosting the JSC website. In addition there are also issues with the
backup server as well further delaying the restore from a backup file.
At this time, they are migrating all data to a new server. The server
has a massive amount of data, so this process will take some time. So
far we do not have an estimated timeline form the hosting company when
this server will be back online."

Regards, Judy Kuhagen
JSC Secretary