[Metafacture] Metafacture governance

Fabian Steeg steeg at hbz-nrw.de
Thu Oct 20 13:19:34 CEST 2016

Hi all,

unfortunately, the Metafacture community remains very fragmented. There
are currently 10 open pull requests by 8 different contributors at [1],
the oldest now over 2 years old. Our plan from last year's get-together
at SWIB [2] to allow contributions by modularization did not take off
(Pascal and I would be happy to help implementing that, if there are any
steps we could do).

The fragmented community remains active though, and both the D:SWARM and
hbz forks are up to date with the culturegraph repo [3]. The main issue
seems to be maintainer resources on the culturegraph repo. To fix that,
I'd like to suggest that the DNB adds maintainers from the D:SWARM (if
they are interested) and hbz teams to the culturegraph repo, so that it
becomes not only the formal central repo, but the actual center of the
Metafacture community.

Cheers,
Fabian

[1] https://github.com/culturegraph/metafacture-core/pulls