[Metafacture] use of the MF test infrastructure

Guenter Hipler guenter.hipler at unibas.ch
Sun Apr 5 16:23:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

I tried to use the Metafacture test infrastructure.
@Christoph: One reason not at least because I stumbled upon your last
change on the wiki [1]

Things are working fine using formeta as input conditions (with internal
and external transformation morph transformation rules) [2] [3]

Although personally I prefer to use a formeta format in comparison to
Marc most of my colleagues are more familiar with Marc and I would like
to use these testcases to provide a better documentation for our use
cases (at the moment transformations).

In metastream-readers.properties there is a
marcxml org.culturegraph.mf.stream.reader.MarcXmlReader entry
which I tried to use [4] but even for various alternatives in the input
element of the testcase I get a parser exception. Looking into the code
the formeta result reader will be instantiated and is getting the result
condition which is correct formeta but the exception
java.lang.AssertionError:
org.culturegraph.mf.exceptions.FormatException: Parsing error at
position 1: >{<neuerWert…, No record found:
is thrown. Don't know if it is related to a missing input item?

My question:
Is it possible to use Marc definitions for the input element in test cases?

@Christoph: thanks for your response on my last question related to
xml-schema extensions for metamorph functions . I think at the moment I
will go with my own Java type (not at least because I want a solution)
Once I'm more familiar with the infrastructure I try to come back to it.

Günter

[1]
https://github.com/culturegraph/metafacture-core/wiki/Testing-Framework-for-Metamorph
[2]