[Lds] ideas/recommendations for JSON-LD serializations

Thomas Gängler thomas.gaengler at slub-dresden.de
Mi Apr 25 12:46:35 CEST 2018

Hello Adrian,

thanks for popping in again.

On 04/24/2018 04:48 PM, Adrian Pohl wrote:
> Actually, you can use the lobid API to download dumps as gzip with the
> gzip content header and using the format=bulk parameter, e.g. for ZDB data:
> $ curl --header "Accept-Encoding: gzip"
> "http://lobid.org/resources/search?q=inCollection.id%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Flobid.org%2Fresources%2FHT014846970%23%21%22&format=bulk"
>  > zdb.gz

this is pretty cool.

> See also the API documentation at [6].

yeah, at a first glance, the bulk download option is a bit hidden in
your documentation (but I guess offering bulk downloads is not your
primary use case, or? ;) )

> And you can also fetch updates for a date range, e.g. by adding " AND
> describedBy.dateModified:[20180403 TO
> 20180405]+OR+describedBy.dateCreated:[20180403 TO 20180405]" to the
> query parameter.

this is also pretty cool.

> Same goes for lobid-organisations but for lobid-gnd we still have to add
> modification dates and bulk request support (see [7] & [8]).

looking forward to gnd bulk request support.

Albeit, this still lefts a general question, why is HBZ doing/offering
services that should be offered by DNB itself? ;)

Cheers,

Thomas

PS: @Jana: in [1] is the code from HBZ guys, where a rather generic
N-Triples to nested JSON-LD records converter is included - I guess,
this is probably what you are looking for, or?

[1]
https://github.com/hbz/lobid-resources/tree/master/src/main/java/de/hbz/lobid/helper

--
Thomas Gängler
Knowledge Engineer

Sächsische Landesbibliothek – Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Dresden
(SLUB)
Abteilung IT, Referat 2.2
01054 Dresden
Besucheradresse: Zellescher Weg 18, Zimmer C+2.01, 01069 Dresden
Tel.: +49 351 4677 204 | Fax: +49 351 4677 123
E-Mail: Thomas.Gaengler at slub-dresden.de
http://www.slub-dresden.de/