[Lds] ideas/recommendations for JSON-LD serializations

Thomas Gängler thomas.gaengler at slub-dresden.de
Mo Apr 23 15:55:19 CEST 2018

Hi Adrian,

thanks a lot for your proper "pitch" for lobid ;)

of course, we are a aware of the lobid services and it's also always a
huge inspiration for us. However, right now for our use case we are
looking for complete dumps of GND etc. - so yes, it's cool that lobid
offers some of the proposed features, but since you do not offer dumps
of your data, it's not applicable for or use case (where performance
matters*).

Cheers,

Thomas

*) I know, this somehow destroys the vision of distributed data
available via the web, but at the end performance matters (and then you
often need the data locally available (e.g. via a search index))

--
Thomas Gängler
Knowledge Engineer

Sächsische Landesbibliothek – Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Dresden
(SLUB)
Abteilung IT, Referat 2.2
01054 Dresden
Besucheradresse: Zellescher Weg 18, Zimmer C+2.01, 01069 Dresden
Tel.: +49 351 4677 204 | Fax: +49 351 4677 123
E-Mail: Thomas.Gaengler at slub-dresden.de
http://www.slub-dresden.de/