[Lds] DNB RDF dumps loaded into a triplestore

Georg Hohmann georg at hohmann.io
Mit Feb 3 12:12:53 CET 2016

Dear Thomas,

a few years ago we did a very low-level approach to store the GND in a
triple store.
The result is still online: http://wisski1.wiss-ki.eu/authorities/gnd/

For performance reasons we had to split up the GND in its "former
parts" (i.e. PND, GKD, SWD) in a first step. To create the sparql
endpoints, we used the PHP Triple Store ARC2
(https://github.com/semsol/arc2), which basically parses rdf
statements and stores them in a mysql database. The storage and
processing model is quite efficient. The service is hosted on an
average single server with quad core cpu, apache, PHP5.3 and mySQL.

Best,
Georg Hohmann
--
Georg Hohmann M.A.