[gnd-ontology] DNB Linked Data Service: Release 01/2014 and regular
issue of dumps
J.Hauser at dnb.de
Fre Okt 25 18:36:43 CEST 2013
*** Apologies for multiple postings ***
From January 2014 on, the Linked Data Service of the German National Library (DNB) will issue scheduled releases and will be integrated in the export releases of the other formats (see ). Changes to the conversion and to the data modelling will be made in January, May and September of each year in the future.
Changes will be notified in advance via the Linked Data Service mailing list  and the Integrated Authority File GND Ontology mailing list . Please subscribe if you are interested in receiving information about future developments in DNB Linked Data Services.
In a schedule corresponding to the export releases, updated dumps of the authority and bibliographic data in RDF/XML and Turtle will be available for download in February, June and October .
The following changes in the GND Ontology are intended in the 01/2014 export release:
- Bugfix: The supertype foaf:depiction of the property gndo:definition will be changed to dct:definition.
- Bugfix: The property gndo:StartingOrFinalPointOfADistance will be changed to gndo:startingOrFinalPointOfADistance.
- Bugfix: The properties gndo:titleOfNobility and gndo:academicDegree will be changed from object properties to datatype properties.
- Bugfix: The top-level property of headings will be changed from gndo:broaderTerm to gndo:broaderTermGeneral.
- Change: Subfields 100 $g and 400 $g will be discontinued in GND format, entailing a change in the domain of gndo:addition:
- Addition: Insertion of rdfs:isDefinedBy in all GNDO classes and properties
- Addition: The SKOS alignments gndo:variantNameForTheSubjectHeading (skos:altLabel) and gndo:preferredNameForTheSubjectHeading (skos:prefLabel) will be inserted.
- Addition: The preferred name of the linked entity will also be given in the Pica+ fields 500, 510, 511, 530, 550 and 551 with URI link in $9, allowing this information to be issued in those cases when the GND data contains a literal instead of a link to another GND entity:
The following changes in GND conversion are intended for the 01/2014 export release:
- Change: Exact biographical data of individualised persons (Tp records) will be also issued.
- Addition: The coordinates from 037H will be shown for geographic entities in the GND (record type Tg).
- Addition: Datatype properties will be issued in those cases when the GND data contains a literal instead of a link to another GND entity:
The following changes in the bibliographic data conversion are intended for the 01/2014 export release:
- In the metadata for maps the geographic coordinates from 037H will be shown.
Information on the Linked Data Service of the German National Library can be found at . This text will soon be available at  in English and at  in German.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
 https://wiki.dnb.de/x/IoiRAg<https://wiki.dnb.de/x/IoiRAg%20> (in German)
***Reading. Listening. Understanding. German National Library***
D-60322 Frankfurt am Main
mailto:j.hauser at dnb.de
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...