[gnd-ontology] AW: [BIBFRAME] Updated GND dump available with links to DBpedia, Wikipedia and STW

Hauser, Julia J.Hauser at dnb.de
Wed Apr 24 14:09:46 CEST 2013

Thank you for your interest!

>Why the difference, and where are these formats documented?

Please visit the GND ontology-website [1]. I also forward your question to the GND-ontology-mailinglist [2] to get more information.

>Apart from these, there exists the GND-MARC format. The download would be a lot
>more compact in MARC. Why not use this for downloading, or provide it as an
>alternative?

Of course, the GND is also available in other formats. You can find further information about other ways of access at [3] and [4]. Or just contact datendienste at dnb.de.

Kind regards,
Julia Hauser

[1] http://d-nb.info/standards/elementset/gnd#
[2] gnd-ontology at lists.d-nb.de
[3] http://www.dnb.de/EN/Service/DigitaleDienste/Datendienst/datendienst_node.html
[4] https://portal.dnb.de/metadataShop.htm (in German)

>Apart from these, there exists the GND-MARC format. The download would be a lot
>more compact in MARC. Why not use this for downloading, or provide it as an
>alternative?
>
>B.Eversberg

***Lesen. Hören. Wissen. Deutsche Nationalbibliothek***
--
Julia Hauser
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
mailto:j.hauser at dnb.de