[Eubfws2017] BIBFRAME Expectations for ILS tenders

Leif Andresen leif at kb.dk
Tue Nov 28 11:43:32 CET 2017

To participants 2017 European Workshop BIBFRAME,

At the workshop the requirements for Integrated Library Systems (ILS) vendors to fulfil BIBFRAME conformance were discussed. The new Organizer Group asked Tiziana Possemato to draft a specification about BIBFRAME Expectations for ILS tenders. During a dialogue between the Organizer Group and Tiziana, the draft is developed further into attached draft for a specification. The aim of the specification is for libraries to use as a reference for invitations to tender.

The new Organizer Group will at a meeting 4 December 2017 afternoon in Hamburg decide next step. I you have any comments, please send to me this week.

I any case, we will discussion the specification at European BIBFRAME Workshop 2018: 18 and 19 September 2018 I Florence.

Best regards,

On behalf of:
Organizer Group European BIBFRAME workshop 2018

Leif Andresen

PS: Still two seats 4.12.2017 in the morning 10-12 for BIBFRAME Use:  vocabulary, conversion, reconciliation collocated with SWIB17.

Leif Andresen
Adviser to the Director
The National Library of Denmark - Staff
+4591324366