[Eubfws2017] BIBFRAME - in the Hungarian National Library Project

Lendvay Miklós OSZK lendvay.miklos at oszk.hu
Tue Oct 31 13:57:58 CET 2017

Dear all,

as I have indicated in my lightning talk in Frankfurt we have a tender running in Hungary with the purpose to serve all the joining libraries. A very modular approach, with a desire to have an open source solution at the end, if the FOLIO community might win the tender. I think as many libraries and countries are in the process of looking for an integrated, modular and scalable solution, in many countries supporting the FOLIO initiative could result in a new generation framework and library system.

In the hope that our path might be interesting for you I send you some more information regarding this:
- an overview about the system functionalities (not modules!)
- a verbal summery of the requirements
- a list of requirements

Here they are:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5dcgs-rB3WhUmxvN2V1SDhSQm8?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5dcgs-rB3WhUmxvN2V1SDhSQm8?usp=sharing>

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask! Any offers for contribution and cooperation are more than welcome!

I would appreciate if this could lead to a mutual cooperation. In any way regardless of the hungarian tender, it is worth to consider to use and contribute to the FOLIO platform (www.folio.org <http://www.folio.org/>). Whatever we develop in the context of our work, we will contribute it to this platform, regardless if FOLIO wins the tender or not.

We had a conference in the biggest university library of Hungary, Eötvös Lóránt Science University (ELTE). The title of the conference was:
“Change in the Library Paradigm?”
There were four lectures:
Ágnes Rácz: National Library Platform
Judit Tóvári: Catalogues in the Net of Linked Open Data (RDA and BIBFRAME)
Miklós Hubay: A system and it’s Surrounding - new ways of cataloguing (?) (BIBFRAME)
Miklós Lendvay: Report about the First Workshop of the European Bibframe Initiative (in Frankfurt)

The organisers invited 22 people, and finally there were over 120 participants! The interest is growing, and the lectures gave a very profound overview about the situation we are in. The lectures can be viewed in the Videotorium - they are all in Hungarian.
Many thanks for the photos the German National Library provided for my lecture!

Best regards
Miklós Lendvay

National Széchényi Library of Hungary
Directorate of Information Technology