[dini-ag-kim-lld] Announcing the DCMI Application Profiles Interest Group

Adrian Pohl pohl at hbz-nrw.de
Mi Apr 17 14:50:17 CEST 2019

Falls es manche noch nicht mitbekommen haben, unten eine E-Mail, die
Karen Coyle an verschiedene Listen geschickt hat.

Es gibt jetzt eine Application Profiles Interest Group (DCAP-IG) der
Dublin Core Metadata Initiative. Vielleicht gibt es ja hier Interesse
mitzumachen.

-Adrian

Are you your organization's "metadata expert"? Have you ever had to
create a metadata schema, or fiddle with one? Do you wish you had better
tools for all of this?

DCMI's new Application Profiles Interest Group (DCAP-IG) [1] wants to
make it easier for content experts without programming experience to
create and test machine-actionable application profiles for their metadata.

To enable this, we need a common language -- a core vocabulary -- for
the basic components of an application profile and commonly used
constraint types.

This vocabulary can serve as the target for the development of a range
of authoring options, from simple spreadsheet templates to automated
scripts in more complex and expressive programming and constraint languages.

Starting with a preliminary draft vocabulary [3], based on prior DCMI
work [4], we are forming working groups to define requirements and scope
the needs space, complete the core vocabulary, consider implementation
workflows, and post reusable snippets on the Web [2].

Please bring your perspective to the new DCAP-IG so that we can create
something broadly useful, extensible, and representative of current
thinking in the metadata community.

[1] http://www.dublincore.org/groups/application_profiles_ig/
[2] https://github.com/dcmi/dcap
[3] https://github.com/dcmi/dcap/blob/master/schemaList.csv