[Dini-ag-kim-bestandsdaten] enumeration and chronology + ranges

Klee, Carsten Carsten.Klee at sbb.spk-berlin.de
Fri Feb 28 12:30:59 CET 2014

Hi!

In the BIBFRAME vocab I stumbled upon the property bf:enumerationAndChronology [1] with a Literal as range.

Have you ever thought about getting more explicit like our [2] approach with the Enumeration and Chronology of Periodicals Ontology (ECPO) [3]?

I have taken a quick look at the bf:HeldItem class [4]. From my point of view there are some other property ranges you might rethink, like for bf:circulationStatus and bf:subLocation (I suspect more like these). Both instances might also be expressed as resources.

Cheers!

Carsten

[1] <http://bibframe.org/vocab/enumerationAndChronology.html>
[2] <http://purl.org/ontology/holding>
[3] <http://purl.org/ontology/ecpo>
[4] <http://bibframe.org/vocab/HeldItem.html>
Carsten Klee
Abt. Überregionale Bibliographische Dienste IIE
Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer Kulturbesitz
Potsdamer Straße 33
10785 Berlin

Fon:  +49 30 266-43 44 02
Fax:   +49 30 266-33 40 01