[rak-list] RDA-Webinare

Frodl, Christine C.Frodl at d-nb.de
Thu Feb 4 17:24:48 CET 2010

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

Troy Linker (American Library Association, Director, Publishing Technology) hat sich heute auf der RDA-Liste der Bibliotheks- und Katalogisierungscommunity vorgestellt. Er wies in einer weiteren Mail auf die beiden Webinare am 8. und 9. Februar 2010 zum RDA Toolkit hin.
Die Arbeitsstelle für Standardisierung wird Sie weiter auf dem Laufenden halten, wenn Sie sich jedoch aus erster Hand zum RDA Toolkit informieren möchten, können Sie auch eine E-Mail an rdatoolkit at ala.org senden.

Die Termine für die beiden Webinare:

February 8, - 21:00-22:00 GMT | 4:00pm-5pm EST | 3:00pm-4pm CST | 1:00pm-2pm PST  https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/639494355
OR
February 9, - 16:00-17:00 GMT | 11:00am-12pm EST | 10:00am-11am CST | 8:00am-9am PST  https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/991492442

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christine Frodl

Im folgenden die Mail von Troy Linker im Original-Wortlaut:

I would like to introduce myself to the cataloging community as Publisher
for the newly created Digital Reference unit at ALA Publishing. The
Digital Reference unit is responsible for ALA's co-publisher role in RDA
(Resource Description and Access) the digital replacement for AACR2.
Some of you may know me from my 12 years' experience at ALA Publishing,
working on RDA and AACR2 in addition to many other publishing projects. My
role with RDA has expanded, from the production and software development
responsibility that I have held from the beginning, to include
coordinating the full breadth of ALA Publishing's responsibilities for
RDA.

As we approach the launch of the RDA Toolkit, the website that will house
RDA in addition to other helpful cataloging resources and tools, we want
to increase the direct communication between the co-publishers of RDA and
the cataloging community.  I am committed to actively reading and, when
helpful, posting responses to questions and concerns raised by catalogers
in a variety of venues (like this one) regarding the RDA and the RDA
Toolkit.

We will soon post registration information for an upcoming RDA Toolkit
Webinar offering a repeat of the guided tour of the RDA Toolkit beta site
given at ALA's Midwinter Meeting. In addition to the Webinar, the co-
publishers are drafting an RDA Toolkit FAQ that will address many of the
recent questions asked by attendees at Midwinter, posted to lists, or sent
to rdatoolkit at ala.org.   We will post the FAQ URL as soon as it is
active.

To receive RDA Toolkit announcements and news directly from the co-
publishers, please email us at rdatoolkit at ala.org so we can add you to our
RDA Toolkit mailing list.  These announcements will come out frequently
over the next few months as we approach the June 2010 launch of the RDA
Toolkit.

Kind regards,

Troy Linker

Publisher, ALA Digital Reference