[Metafacture] Metafacture governance

Thomas Gängler thomas.gaengler at slub-dresden.de
Fri Oct 21 09:36:13 CEST 2016

Hi all,

On 20.10.2016 13:19, Fabian Steeg wrote:
> allow contributions by modularization

I think that this requires a rework of the whole metafacture core, i.e.,
I even doubt that contributing metamorph functions as modules is that
easy right now (since we need to maintain the handling of the metamorph
XML schema somehow).

tl;dr I think that it still requires too much man power, which is not
available right now ;)

> I'd like to suggest that the DNB
> adds maintainers from the D:SWARM (if they are interested) and hbz teams
> to the culturegraph repo, so that it becomes not only the formal central
> repo, but the actual center of the Metafacture community.

We can try to do so. However, I guess that's still a bit complicated to
distill useful pull requests out of the d:swarm fork, since we did some
extensions in the core processing re. hierarchical entities and even
many of our test cases rely on such scenarios. Nevertheless, we can try
to do so.

Maybe, we can arrange a further face-to-face meeting/ get-together at
forthcoming SWIB.

Cheers,

Thomas

PS: also swissbib guys did and are still doing some metafacture
(command/flux) extensions, see [1]

[1] https://github.com/linked-swissbib/swissbib-metafacture-commands

--
Thomas Gängler
Knowledge Engineer

Sächsische Landesbibliothek – Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Dresden
(SLUB)
Abteilung IT, Referat 2.2
01054 Dresden
Besucheradresse: Zellescher Weg 18, Zimmer 4.06b, 01069 Dresden
Tel.: +49 351 4677 204 | Fax: +49 351 4677 123
E-Mail: Thomas.Gaengler at slub-dresden.de
http://www.slub-dresden.de/