[gnd-ontology] New version of the GND Ontology available

Adrian Pohl pohl at hbz-nrw.de
Mit Jan 29 09:29:06 CET 2014

Thanks for the response, Lars. We will update the context soon.

I wonder whether the DNB will provide a JSON-LD context for the GND
ontology in the future. I think it would make sense to get this from the
source, optimally sync with the ontology as well as with the GND data.
Any chance you will provide this?

- Adrian

>>> On 28.1.2014 at 17:08, "Svensson, Lars" <L.Svensson at dnb.de> wrote:

> Adrian,
>
>> we are currently frequently fetching the GND RDF data via OAI-PMH
>> index it in elasticsearch and provide it via the linked open data
API of
>> our service lobid.[1] The lobid API - amongst other data sources -
>> provides access to GND authority data via the /person endpoint
(only
>> resources of type gnd:Person) and the /subject endpoint (the whole
GND).
>> Feel free to play around with the API. Examples on how to provide
>> API-based auto suggest functions with JavaScript are provided on the
API
>> page.
>
> This is an interesting service, thanks for making it available!
>
>> As we index and provide JSON-LD in lobid, we created a JSON-LD
context
>> for the GND ontology (half-automatically, using a Python script by
>> Niklas Lindström, see [2]). If you are interested, you can find the
GND